Also available at
Ulf Holm is the Chair Professor of International Business at the Department of Business Studies, Uppsala University. His research is published in several top journals in International Business as well as in general journals within management, strategy and organization. His research spans across management of the multinational corporation and the internationalization process of the firm, with a focus on innovation, knowledge development and transfer, subsidiary power and foreign market entry. His current research deals with the strategy and management of state-owned multinationals and internationalization into and from emerging markets. In another project he investigates the importance of managerial experience as an asset to international expansion. He also participates in a project that studies the network effects of interlocking directorates on the international growth of small and medium-sized firms, and in a project that investigates the relationship between internationalization and democracy.
On-going Research Projects
- Network effects of interlocking directorates: A longitudinal study of SMEs’ international growth.
- Business experience: An asset or a liability to the entry on new mid-end markets?
- Headquarters knowledge and the generation of value in multinational companies.
- SMNC Management: Reverse Knowledge Transfer in State-Owned Multinationals. A Study of Political Embeddedness.
- Internationalization and Democracy.
Please contact the directory administrator for the organization (department or similar) to correct possible errors in the information.