Christer Karlsson is Professor at the Department of Government. He received his P.h.D. in 2001 for the thesis Democracy, Legitimacy and the European Union. His research has focused on political opposition, constitutional change and climate change politics. His work has featured in journals such as Global Environmental Politics, Journal of Common Market Studies and Journal of European Public Policy. He is currently heading the project The Paradox of Political Opposition in Multilevel Europe.
Keywords: climate change democratic theory constitutional law political opposition
Ongoing and previous research projects:
• The Paradox of Political Opposition in Multilevel Europe: Examining Plenary Debates in Thirteen Parliaments, funded by The Swedish Research Council (2019-2022)
• Searching for Opposition in European Union Affairs, funded by The Marianne and Marcus Wallenberg Foundation (2015-2019)
• Constitutional Amendment or Constitutional Alteration? funded by The Bank of Sweden Tercentenary Foundation (2010-2013)
• Clipore (Climate Policy Research), funded by MISTRA (2007-2010)
•The Mechanisms of Democracy, funded by The Bank of Sweden Tercentenary Foundation (2002-2006)
• Reform strategies for the European Union, funded by The Bank of Sweden Tercentenary Foundation (2002-2006)
Please contact the directory administrator for the organization (department or similar) to correct possible errors in the information.