Leader of the research project Beyond the Garden: An Ecocritical Approach to Early Byzantine Christianity (funded by the Swedish Research Council). PhD and Docent in Church History from Lund University. Article editor of the journal Patristica Nordica Annuaria.
Keywords: ecocriticism byzantine christianity hymnography byzantine ecology trees hagiography
Also available at
- Reader, Lund University 2018
- Ph.D., Lund University 2014
- Cand.philol., Universitety of Oslo 2005
- Cand.mag., Universitety of Oslo 2001
I defended my doctoral thesis at Lund University in 2014. From 2015 to 2019 I conducted the research project Bodies in Motion: Religion and Corporeality in Late Antiquity at the University of Oslo and spent spring term 2016 as visiting scholar at Brown University. In 2018 I became Reader (docent) in Church History in Lund. The academic year of 2018-19, I worked as Research Fellow in Byzantine Studies at Dumbarton Oaks Research Library and Collection.
My research interests include Byzantine Christianity and ecology. More generally, I have explored popular piety and literary expressions of Christian faith. My monograph The Virgin in Song studies representations of the Virgin Mary in late ancient poetry. I recently edited a volume called The Reception of the Virgin in Byzantium.
Tasks and memberships
- Member of the Association for the Study of Literature and Environment and the European Association for Studies of Literature, Culture and the Environment
- Member of l’Association Internationale d’Études Patristiques (AIEP/IAPS)'s council
- Member of Collegium Patristicum Lundense's board
- Member of Society of Oriental Liturgy
- Member of the Research Collegium, Swedish Research Institute in Istanbul
- Article-editor of Patristica Nordica Annuaria
Please contact the directory administrator for the organization (department or similar) to correct possible errors in the information.