- Visiting address:
- BMC, Husargatan 3, Uppsala
- Postal address:
- Box 564
751 22 Uppsala
Associate professor in child health and welfare. Member of the Child Health and Parenting (CHAP) research group leadership team. Steering Committee member for the Social Innovation in Health Initiative (SIHI) Sweden Hub.
Keywords: child and adolescent mental health neurodevelopmental disorders learning disability social work for children refugee children and young people
My background is in Psychology (MA, University of Cambridge; PhD, King’s College London). My doctoral project investigated the prevalence, behavioural phenotype and impact on the family of Down syndrome and comorbid autism. As a postdoctoral research fellow at the Dartington Social Research Unit, I managed several randomised trials of behavioural interventions and developed novel methods for evaluating social work for children. I was also the Co-Editor of the Journal for Children’s Services. Prior to joining CHAP, I worked at Autistica – the UK’s leading autism research charity.
My research interests are child and adolescent mental health, refugee children and young people, neurodevelopmental disorders, learning disability, and social work for children.
- An evaluation of Teaching Recovery Techniques - a community group therapy intervention for refugee children, youth and families reporting symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder
- 'Trauma support in your pocket' - Co-design of an app for youth who have experienced trauma
- Ameliorating Child poverty through Connecting Economic Services with child health Services (ACCESS): A randomised controlled trial of the Healthier Wealthier Families model in Sweden (PhD student: Nina Johansson)
- Exploring the involvement of vulnerable populations in health research: Contributing to the knowledge on how to work with involvement in a meaningful, inclusive and ethical way (PhD student: Elin Lampa)
- Co-developing support services with forced migrants who have experienced sexual and gender based violence (PhD student: Anna Perez Aronsson)
- 'Together for a safe start' - An extended home visiting program in vulnerable areas
- Children's voices about corona
I currently supervise Masters and PhD students and welcome enquiries about supervision from students who want to write a dissertation in any area of my research interests.
Please contact the directory administrator for the organization (department or similar) to correct possible errors in the information.