Irene Martinez Marin
PhD student at Department of Philosophy, Aesthetics; Academic Staff
I am a PhD candidate in Aesthetics. My work has connections to the philosophy of emotions, value theory, and practical rationality. Before moving to Uppsala I worked as an art gallery assistant. Previously, I completed a Master in Art History at Autonomous University of Madrid in collaboration with the Museum Reina Sofía (2014) and a Philosophy degree at the University of Murcia (2013).
You can read more about me and my research here: irenemartinezmarin.com
- Non-standard Emotions and Aesthetic Understanding. Estetika 2 (57). 2020.
- ‘Robinson and Self-Conscious Emotions: Appreciation beyond (fellow) feeling’. Debates in Aesthetics, Vol 14. 1, 2019.
- Wittgenstein: Arte y Filosofía, ed. Julián Marrades, Plaza y Valdés Editores, Madrid, 2013, in Daimón. Revista Internacional de Filosofía, 64, 2015.
- (Forthcoming). Aesthetic Taste: Perceptual Discernment or Emotional Sensibility? In Perspectives on Taste. Edited by Jeremy Wyatt, Dan Zeman and Julia Zakkou. Routledge. (Co-authored with Elisabeth Schellekens).
- ‘Bienvenida Ternura. Emoción y Narración en la Nueva Serialidad Televisiva’, Cine y Series, ed. Alberto Nahum & María J. Ortiz. Comunicación Social. (2018).
Aesthetic Akrasia and Agency. Aesthetics Higher Seminar, Uppsala University, December 2020.
Non-Standard Emotions and Aesthetic Understanding. European Society for Aesthetics, Warsaw, June 2019.* (Winner of the Fabian Dorsch Essay Prize).
Art Appreciation: whether you like it or not. British Society for Aesthetics Annual Meeting, University of Oxford, September 2019.*
Non-Standard Emotions and Aesthetic Understanding. American Society for Aesthetics Annual Meeting, Phoenix, October 2019.*
Comments on Nick Riggle's "Invitation and Aesthetic Communication", Uppsala University, March 2019.
Non-Standard Emotions and Aesthetic Understanding. Emotions and Emotions Concepts Conference, University of Bern, November 2018.
Appreciating Reflective Emotions in Art. British Society for Aesthetics Annual Meeting, University of Oxford, September, 2018.
The Artist’s Word: Artistic Intentions and Emotional Understanding. American Society for Aesthetics Annual Meeting, Toronto, October 2018.
The Artist’s Word: Artistic Intentions and Emotional Understanding. European Society for Aesthetics, June 2018. (Shortlisted ESA essay prize).
Comments on Christine Tappolet's Emotions, Values and Agency (Oxford UP, 2016). Workshop Philosophy of Emotions, Uppsala University, April 2018.
Understanding (without) Feeling. The Case of Nostalgic Expression. The Cognitive Relevance of Aesthetics, University of Tampere, September 2017.
Remembering Seymour Glass. Spring School The Role of Empathy and Emotion in Understanding Fiction, GSGG Göttingen, March 2017.
Please contact the directory administrator for the organization (department or similar) to correct possible errors in the information.