researcher at Department of Physics and Astronomy, Materials Theory
- Visiting address:
- Ångströmlaboratoriet, Lägerhyddsvägen 1
- Postal address:
- Box 516
751 20 UPPSALA
I study magnetic materials using first principles methods based on density functional theory. For this purpose, I develop computational methods and run simulations, whose outcomes are then directly compared with experiment. The final goal is to be able to predict all the main properties of an arbitrary material, such as its ordering temperature, coercive field or its excitation spectra. I am particularly interested in the magnets with non-collinear ordering and strong electron correlations.
Keywords: density functional theory correlated electron systems magnetism magnetic materials dynamical mean field theory
- ab initio modelling of magnetic materials, their dynamics and finite temperature properties
- Non-collinear magnetism: theoretical modelling and applications
- Interplay between magnetism and strong electron correlations in 3d metals, oxides and rare-earths
- Theoretical interpretation of XAS / XES / XPS spectra
- Physics of magnetic materials under high pressure
Please contact the directory administrator for the organization (department or similar) to correct possible errors in the information.