researcher at Department of Literature
- Visiting address:
- Engelska parken, Thunbergsvägen 3 P
- Postal address:
- Box 632
751 26 UPPSALA
I received my PhD in literature in December 2017. My thesis investigates the boom in Swedish crime fiction in the early 21st century from quantitative perspectives. Since then I have engaged mainly in computer-aided methods for large-scale literary research, currently as PI in “Patterns of Popularity: Towards a Holistic Understanding of Contemporary Bestselling Fiction” (VR, 2020–2023).
Since May 2018 employed as digital scholarship librarian at Uppsala University Library.
Keywords: digital humanities sociology of literature publishing studies distant reading readership studies
Also available at
- Researcher, Dept. of Literature, Uppsala University, 2018–
- Digital Scholarship Librarian, Uppsala University Library, 2018–
- PhD in Literature, Uppsala University, 2017
- PhD Student in Literature, Uppsala University, 2011–2017
- M.A. in Library and information Science, University College of Borås, 2010
- Librarian, Nobel Museum Research Library, 2009–2011
- Library assistant, Stockholm University Library, 2007–2010
Sociology of literature, digital humanities, digital methods, quantitative methods, book history, modern publishing studies, crime fiction, popular fiction.
Work in Progress
Patterns of popularity: Towards a holistic understanding of contemporary bestselling fiction (research project, funded by the Swedish Research Council 2020–2023)
Crime fiction and the international publishing industry (book chapter, Cambridge Companion to World Crime Fiction)
Literary genres in contemporary publishing (article, aimed for EJCS)
Better in English? Tracking the trans-editing process of Stieg Larsson with textual alignment (article)
Bestsellers and bestlisteners: Mapping book consumption in the digital age (article)
Please contact the directory administrator for the organization (department or similar) to correct possible errors in the information.