Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor at Department of Physics and Astronomy, Materials Theory
Graphene & 2D materials, multiferroics, random alloys, organometallics, clusters
DFT-I 1FA584 (course responsible)
Hands-on electronic structure calculations 1FA583 (course responsible)
Computational Physics 1FA573 (course responsible)
Fysikprojekt I 1FA601 (course responsible)
Also available at
- Defect engineering in graphene and novel 2D materials
- Heterostructures of 2D materials
- Molecule-substrate interactions: spin dipole moment, magnetic anisotropy, exchange interactions, van der Waals interactions
- Properties of magnetic clusters
- Electron correlation in nanostructures and bulk
- Oxide heterostructures
- Polarization and magnetization dynamics of correlated oxides EU-FP7 IAPP project
New Materials for High Moment Poles and Shields
NU-MATHIMO (FP7 Marie Curie project)
Partners: University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany and Seagate Technology, Ireland
- S. Bhandary, O. Eriksson and B. Sanyal, Defect controlled magnetism in FeP/graphene/Ni(111) Nat. Sci. Rep. 3, 3405 (2013).
- H. Vovusha, S. Sanyal and B. Sanyal, Interaction of Nucleobases and Aromatic Amino Acids with Graphene Oxide and Graphene Flakes J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 4, 3710 (2013).
- S. Haldar, P. Srivastava, O. Eriksson, P. Sen and B. Sanyal, Designing Fe Nanostructures at Graphene/h-BN Interfaces J. Phys. Chem. C 117, 21763 (2013).
- S. Bhandary, S. Ghosh, H. Herper, H. Wende, O. Eriksson and B. Sanyal, Graphene as a Reversible Spin Manipulator of Molecular Magnets Phys. Rev. Lett. 107, 257202 (2011).
- Sanyal et al., Forcing Ferromagnetic Coupling Between Rare-Earth-Metal and 3d Ferromagnetic Films Phys. Rev. Lett. 104, 156402 (2010).
- Sato et al., First-principles theory of dilute magnetic semiconductors Rev. Mod. Phys. 82, 1633 (2010).
Please contact the directory administrator for the organization (department or similar) to correct possible errors in the information.