Charlotte Borg Skoglund
Adjungerad universitetslektor vid Institutionen för farmaceutisk biovetenskap, Forskning; Neurofarmakologi, drogberoende och beteende; Biologisk beroendeforskning
- Biomedicinskt centrum BMC, Husargatan 3
- Box 591
751 24 UPPSALA
Detta stycke finns inte på svenska, därför visas den engelska versionen.
Senior attending psychiatrist, GP and researcher specializing in comorbidity and adverse outcomes of neurodevelopmental disorders such as substance use, borderline personality disorders and significant public health related areas across the entire lifespan.
My main area of interest and expertise, clinically as well as in research, is preventive and early interventions for youths with mental health problems or addiction. I am cofounder and medical director of SMART Psykiatri.
Nyckelord: addiction substance use disorders adhd public health prevention
Finns även på
Degrees and certifications
- Medical Degree Karolinska Institutet Oct 2000
- Medical License June 2002
- Certified Specialist General Medicine July 2008
- Psychotherapist Step 1 May 2011
- Certified Specialist Psychiatry May 2012
- PhD in Neuroscience and Epidemiology Nov 6 2015 When ADHD and Substance Use Disorders Coexist-Etiology and Pharmacological Treatment
Medical education and training
- Medical School Karolinska Institutet 1995-2000
- Internship Örnsköldsviks Hospital 2000-2002
- Residency General Medicine Djurö Primary Care Clinic 2002-2007
- Residency General Medicine Torsviks Primary Care Clinic 2007-2008
- Clinical Tutor Karolinska Institutet 2010-2012
- Residency in Psychiatry, Stockholm Center for Dependency Disorders 2010-2012
- Senior Attending Physician at Lifestyle Clinic, Stockholm Center for Dependency Disorders 2012-2016
- Senior Consultant Psychiatrist, The Swedish Prison and Probation Service 2013-ongoing
- Senior Attending Physician, Medical Director at Specialiced Neuropsychiatric Clinic, Stockholm 2016-2018
- Senior Consultant Psychiatrist Division of Psychiatry, Addiction and neurodevelopmental disorders Uppsala Akademiska Hospital 2018-ongoing
- Founder and Medical Director at SMART Neuropsychiatric Clinic, Sweden 2018- ongoing
- Founder and Medical Director at SMART Byrå för Modern Psykiatri Sweden 2019- ongoing
Reports, books and book chapters
- Lyssnar din tonåring? Samtal med förändring som mål. Liria Ortiz och Charlotte Skoglund. Natur och Kultur 2017.
- Lead author of the Swedish Association of Local Authorities and Regions (SKL/SALAR) national guidelines for health care and interventions for ADHD Apr 2018
- Report for the health administration at Stockholm County Council (SLL) Vård av patienter med missbruk och psykiatrisk sjukdom 2018 Dnr HSN-2019 0364
- Report for The National Board of Health and Welfare (Socialstyrelsen) Hälsosamma alkoholvanor hos äldre April 2019
- Från duktig flicka till utbränd mamma. En bok om ADHD hos kvinnor Natur och Kultur 2020.
- Neuropsychpharmachology Chapter Pharmacological treatment of ADHD. The Swedish Psychiatric Association 2020.
Selected education- and lecture series
- Lecture series for The health care administration at Stockholm County council Alcohol in the aging population (Physicians and health care professionals) 2016-ongoing.
- Lecture series for The health care administration at Stockholm County council Neurodevelopmental disorders in the aging population (Physicians and health care professionals)
- Pegasus Psykoeducation (ADHD patients and significant others)
- Lecture series on Psychiatric comorbidity (Health care and social services)
- Lecture series on Substance use disorders in adolescents & young adults (Health care, social services)
- Lecture series Neurodiversity in the classroom (Teachers and parents)
- Substance use disorders (Medical students at Karolinska Institutet Medical School)
- Neuropsychiatric assessments (Psykotherapy education step 1)
- Suicide assessments (Psykotherapy education step 1)
- Psychiatric diagnostics (Psykotherapy education step 1)
- Substance use disorders in adolescents (METIS)
- Comorbid ADHD and substance use disorders
- Corse administrator and leader for METIS-Kurs ADHD, autism och intellektuell funktionsnedsättning för sjuksköterskor Göteborg VT 2020
- STAD Centre for Psychiatry Research, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet & Stockholm Health Care Services, Stockholm County Council
- Professor Thomas Wester. Division of Pediatric Surgery, Astrid Lindgren Children’s Hospital, Karolinska University Hospital, Solna
- Professor Oliver Tucha and associate professor Anselm Fuermaier University of Groningen. Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences. Department of Clinical and Developmental Neuropsychology Groningen, Netherlands
- Professor Olof Beck Department of Laboratory Medicine, section of Clinical Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet
- Professor Fred Nyberg and Professor Mathias Hallberg Department of Pharmaceutical Biosciences and U-fold Uppsala university
- Professor Inger Sundström Poromaa Department of Department of Women's and Children's Health, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
- Professor Markus Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine (IKE), Center for Social and Affective Neuroscience (CSAN)
- Professor Siri Leksnes Leksnes Affective Brain Lab Department of Psychology University of Oslo Norway
- Associate professor Ralph Kuja-Halkola Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Karolinska Institutet
Research and scientific assignments
- Scientific Research School KI/SLL in clinical psychiatry 2011-2013
- Research Residency-ST SLL 2012-2013
- Doctorate studies, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, KI 2011-2015
- PostDoc Researcher CPF KI/SLL 2017-18
- Review board half time seminar Johan Pahnke “Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for adolescent and adults diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder” 2019-05-20
- Co-supervisor PhD Annika Tiger 2016-2018 Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet Thesis: ADHD and BPD –do they share etiology and not only symptoms and is treatment of symptoms a more effective pharmacological strategy than of diagnose?
- Peer reviewer for JAMA Psychiatry Dec 2014, Neuropsychiatric Disease & Treatment March 2016, JSAT Nov 2016, J Substans use and Abuse Dec 2016, JAMA Psychiatry Jan 2017, NEJM Psychiatry Feb 2018, JAMA Psychiatry Apr 2018, Am J Psychiatry Apr 2018, JAMA Psychiatry Jul 2018, Addiction Biology May 2019
Awards and grants
- The Blue Ribbon award at Biological Psychiatry New York 2014
- The 2016 Jörgen Engel Stipend (for most influential publication in addiction research)
- The EMCDDA Scientific Award 2018 (for publication of particular merit to increase understanding of the European drugs problem)
- Research-ST Grant KI/SLSL 400.000 SEK/year for 3 years
- Post Doc Centrum For Psychiatry Research 400.000 SEK/year for 2 years
- Systembolagets Alkoholforskningsråd ”Unga i riskzonen” 200 000 kr
Selected presentations and posters at scientific conferences
- Biological Psychiatry New York 2014. Common genetic factors for ADHD and SUD (Blue ribbon award)
- National Swedish Psychiatry Conference 2015 Risk factors for ADHD and SUD
- ICASA 2015 Stimulant medication in SUD
- RFMA 2015 Abuse of new psychoactive substances
- Almedalen 2016 Seminars: Legalization of Cannabis
- SCNP 2016 The coexistence of ADHD and SUD
- National Swedish Psychiatry Conference 2017. Motivational interviewing in adolescents. Expanding minds STP 2017 ADHD and SUD in adolescents, Stimulant doses, ADHD treatment.
- Almedalen 2017 Seminars: Sustainable workplaces. Motivational interviewing for adolescents. Opioid addiction among unaccompanied minors. Hazardous alcohol consumption.
- Almedalen 2018 Seminars: Equal treatment for addiction. Does it exist? Drugs, alcohol and psychiatric disorders in adolescents and young adults.
- SKL Seminar 2019: Psychiatric comorbidity and substance abuse, Alcohol among the elderly, Alcohol politics and the future, Substance
Almedalen 2019 Seminars: ADHD in the health care system. The Swedish alcohol policy. Alcohol, illicit drugs in the youth. Mental health in youths.
Kontakta katalogansvarig vid den aktuella organisationen (institution eller motsv.) för att rätta ev. felaktigheter.