I am a developmental psychologist and cognitive scientist. My research focuses on motor and cognitive development from infancy to childhood. I am particularly interested in how babies develop new motor skills, such as reaching, and how these skills relate to cognitive development.
I am teaching developmental, cognitive and biological psychology.
Finns även på
Detta stycke finns inte på svenska, därför visas den engelska versionen.
- 2016- Ph.D. in Psychology, Uppsala University
- 2011- Diplom-Psychologist (≈ M.Sc. Psychology), University of Potsdam (Germany)
- 2019 – present – Researcher and Project Leader in Developmental Psychology, Uppsala University
- 2018 – Postdoctoral Research Associate in Developmental Psychology, Durham University (UK)
- 2016 – 2017 – Postdoctoral Researcher in Personality and Clinical Psychology, International Psychoanalytic University Berlin (Germany)
- 2013 – Visiting Ph.D. Student and Marie Curie Early Stage Researcher in Developmental Psychology, Radboud University, Nijmegen (The Netherlands)
- 2012 – 2016 – Ph.D. Student and Marie Curie Early Stage Researcher in Developmental Psychology, Uppsala University
- 2011 – 2012 – Ph.D. Student and Research Associate in Emotion and Developmental Psychology, University of Potsdam (Germany)
Currently, I am PI in the project “An Embodied Account of Early Executive Functioning” at the Uppsala Child and Babylab. This project is funded by the Swedish Research Council.
My research in developmental psychology investigates:
- How do babies develop new motor skills?
- How is movement linked to cognition?
- How do we develop a sense of our (moving) body?
I mainly use motion-tracking techniques and behavioural tasks to study these questions experimentally. I am passionate about embodied cognitive science, dynamic systems approaches, and active/direct perception perspectives.
For my research, I was awarded the Benzelius Prize (from the Royal Society of Sciences at Uppsala) and the Annual Award to an Outstanding Young Researcher in Psychology (from the Swedish National Committee for Psychological Sciences at the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences).
Kontakta katalogansvarig vid den aktuella organisationen (institution eller motsv.) för att rätta ev. felaktigheter.