Professor in Physics and Head of the Division of Molecular and Condensed Matter Physics.
The group of professor Rensmo develop and implement the new possibilities with X-ray science with the aim to develop a fundamental understanding of key processes connected to light to electrical energy conversion and storage. Example includes third generation solar cells (molecular and perovskite solar cells) and Li-ion batteries.
Keywords: x-ray science energy materials interfaces energy conversion
Also available at
Master of Science in Physics and Chemistry, Uppsala University, Sweden, 1992
PhD, Physical Chemistry, Dept. of Physical Chemistry, Uppsala University, Sweden, 1992-1998, Titel: “Dye-sensitized Nanostructured Metal Oxide Electrodes, Photoelectrochemical, Quantum Chemical and Electron Spectroscopic Studies”
Post-Doc., Nanochem. group, Dept. of Chemistry, Univ. College Dublin, Ireland,1998-2000
Docent, Physics, Dept. of Physics, Uppsala University, Sweden, 2003
Current appointment: Professor in Physics 2011, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Uppsala University.
Supervision: Involved in more than 20 PhDs and Post Docs
- Lilly and Sven Thuréus price 2015, Royal Society of Sciences (For basic research on energy materials including photovoltaics and Li-ion batteris)
- Thalénska priset för år 2006, Royal Society of Sciences (For the broad research at the interfaces between chemistry and physics, mainly in the area of solar cells and nanostructuresd materials)
- The 2002 Gustafsson prize for younger researchers, Göran Gustafsson Foundation (1000 kkr, 2002-2005) for studies on Functional Hybrid Molecular Materials.
- Local organizing committee, 4th Hybrid an Organic Photovoltaics Conference (HOPV2012) Uppsala 2012.
- International scientific committee, Trends in Organic Electronics and Hybrid Photovoltaics, Nano-Sol-Net International Symposium, Eforie Nord, Romania 2008
- Coordinator for workshop on Energy Research, Science at MaxIV, Lund 2007
- Program committee, the16th International Conference on Photochemical Conversion and Storage of Solar energy (IPS), Uppsala 2006,
- Local organizing committee, 9th International Conference on Electronic Spectroscopy and Structure (ICESS), Uppsala 2003.
About 135 papers published in peer-reviewed journals / Times Cited 6000 / h-index 42 / average citation 45 (from ISI Web of Knowledge). During the last 10 years him and his group has more about 50 conference contributions (about 20 in oral form including invitation to the recent MRS, HOPV and HAXPES conferences).
Member in Research Constellations.
Member in The Ångström Advanced Battery Centre at Uppsala University.
Member in the Centre for Molecular devices (CMD), Uppsala University/KTH
Member in StandUp for Energy at Uppsala University/KTH
Please contact the directory administrator for the organization (department or similar) to correct possible errors in the information.