Henrik Dellestrand is researching structures and processes within multinational enterprises. His work is concerned with headquarters role in subsidiary level activities and the implication of involvement for innovation development and transfer. As a consequence of this, his interest is currently geared towards looking at the value-added role of the parent in the multinational enterprise.
Also available at
Henrik Dellestrand is an associate professor of International Business at the Department of Business Studies and has been affiliated with the International Business research group since September 2006. He completed his Ph.D. in 2010. Dr. Dellestrands interests are related to management issues within the multinational enterprise. His research is primarily concerned with the role and function of headquarters, and headquarter-subsidiary relationships. Furthermore, he is looking at the value-added role of the parent within the multinational enterprise. Currently, he is working on a project concerning knowledge, learning and headquarters role and functions. Other areas of interests include the performance implications of innovations and how innovations are developed and assessed by different actors inside and outside the multinational enterprise. Furthermore, he is interested in and doing research about, the application of quantitative methods in management.
Dr. Dellestrand earned his Ph.D. in 2010 with a focus on International Business from Uppsala University. His thesis was awarded the Barry M. Richman best thesis award from the International Management Division at the Academy of Management Meeting in 2011. Dr. Dellestrands dissertation was concerned with headquarters role in subsidiary level activities and what factors make headquarters involve itself in subsidiary projects.
In 2014-2015 he served as a representative-at-large for the Global Strategy Interest Group at the Strategic Management Society. Henrik also serves as a research committee member for the International Management Division at the Academy of Management since 2014.
He has acted as an expert for the U.N. related to the World Investment Report (UNCTAD).
Google scholar profile: https://scholar.google.se/citations?user=knysrXcAAAAJ&hl=sv
Transfer of Innovations in Multinational Enterprises (TIME).
Does Headquarters Contribute to Sub-unit Innovation in the Multinational Corporation? - The Problem of Learning and Knowledge.
Editorial and Reviewer Service
Dr. Dellestrand currently serves on the editorial review boards of Global Strategy Journal, Journal of World Business, Journal of International Management, and Journal of International Business Studies. He was awarded the JIBS best reviewer award in 2012.
Guest editor for the Journal of International Management, 18(3): Special issue on the role and functions of MNC headquarters.
Dr. Dellestrand acts as a journal ad hoc reviewer for the Strategic Management Journal, Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of Management Studies, Long Range Planning, Organization Studies, Journal of International Management, International Marketing Review, Management International Review, Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Journal of Strategy and Management, Industrial Marketing Management, Scandinavian Journal of Management, and the British Journal of Industrial Relations.
Dr. Dellestrand has assessed research grant applications for the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC).
Moreover, he has reviewed book manuscripts for MIT Press (Economics, Finance, and Business area), and SAGE.
He also regularly reviews for international conferences such as the Strategic Management Society, Academy of International Business, Academy of Management, Academy of International Business UK & Ireland, British Academy of Management, and the European International Business Academy.
Dr. Dellestrand spent four months as a visiting researcher at the Centre for International Business University of Leeds (CIBUL) between November 2008 and February 2009.
Between October 2009 and February 2010 he was a visiting researcher at the Strategic Management department at Temple University in Philadelphia.
- Winner of the 2011 Barry M. Richman Best Dissertation Award (IM Division, AOM).
- Finalist for the 2011 Richard N. Farmer Best Dissertation Award (AIB).
- Third prize in the EDAMBA 2011 thesis competition.
- Winner of the SMS St.Gallen Best Conference Paper Proposal Award, St.Gallen, Switzerland, May 28-30, 2015.
- Nominated for the Haynes Prize at the 2013 AIB conference.
- Nominated for the "That's Interesting" award at the 2012 AIB conference.
- Winner of the Robert H. Schaffer Award for the Best Paper in Applied International Management at the 2011 AoM conference.
- Finalist for the IM Division Best Paper Award in Strategy/IB Theory at the 2011 AoM conference.
- Nominated for the Haynes Prize at the 2011 AIB conference.
- Best paper award at the 25th British Academy of Management Conference, International Business Track, 2011.
- Awarded the Michael Z. Brooke Prize at the AIB UK & Ireland conference 2009.
- Awarded the Copenhagen Prize (together with Philip Kappen) at the 2008 EIBA conference.
- Nominated for the Haynes Prize at the 2008 AIB conference.
- Best reviewer award at the Academy of Management Conference, International Management Division, Academy of Management, Atlanta, GA., U.S., August 4-8, 2017.
- Best reviewer award at the Academy of Management Conference, International Management Division, Academy of Management, Philadelphia, PA., U.S., August 1-5, 2014.
- Best reviewer award at the 33rd Annual Strategic Management Society Conference, Global Strategy Interest Group, Atlanta, GA., U.S., September 28-October 1, 2013.
- Best reviewer award at the Academy of Management Conference, International Management Division, Academy of Management, Orlando, FL., U.S., August 9-13, 2013.
- JIBS 2012 Best Reviewer Award.
- Best reviewer award at the 54th AIB Annual Conference, Washington, U.S., June 30-July 3, 2012.
- Best reviewer award at the Academy of Management Conference, International Management Division, Academy of Management, Boston, M.A., U.S., August 4-7, 2012.
- Best reviewer award at the 34th EIBA Annual Conference, Tallinn, Estonia, December 11-13, 2008.
Dr. Dellestrand has taught International Business as well as Innovation and Knowledge Management at the bachelor and master level in Sweden, Finland, France, and Italy.
Please contact the directory administrator for the organization (department or similar) to correct possible errors in the information.