Rian Drogendijk is Associate Professor in International Management. She is currently at the Department of Global Economics and Management at the University of Groningen, The Netherlands. She is associated to the Department of Business Studies at Uppsala University as a visiting researcher.
Also available at
Rian Drogendijk has been appointed at Uppsala University from 2006 to 2014. She moved to the University of Groningen, where she joined the Department of Global Economics and Management in 2014 (see website). She remains connected to Uppsala University as a visiting researcher.
- Internationalization processes, Knowledge transfer, Headquarters-subsidiary relations, Communication in MNCs
- Cultural distance and cultural differences.
Rian's main research interests include internationalization strategies of companies, organizational learning, and knowledge transfer within multinational organizations, and the impact of cultural differences on international management. Rian has published her research amongst others in the Journal of International Business Studies, the International Business Review, the Management International Review, and the International Journal of Intercultural Relations and is a regular reviewer for journals like the Journal of International Business Studies, the International Business Review and the Management International Review.
- The frustration of subsidiary managers: communicating about opportunities in the MNC
- The multiple internationalization processes of MNCs
- Chinese Outward Investments
- Leveraging Culture in Teams