doctoral/PhD student at Department of Philosophy, Practical Philosophy; Academic Staff
Also available at
Elena Prats is a Ph.D. candidate in Philosophy of Law at the Philosophy Department of the Uppsala University in co-tutelle with the University Pompeu Fabra. Her research interests lie in the fields of legal theory and citizenship policies. She is currently researching on the assessment of the legitimacy of citizenship-by-investment programmes (CIPs), focusing on CIPs in the EU.
Prats has extensive international academic experience: up today she has been studying or teaching at universities of five different countries: Spain (University of Barcelona, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Pompeu Fabra, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya, UNED, Universidad de la Laguna), Germany (Universität Bremen), U.K (Glasgow University), Japan (桃山学院大学, 早稲田大学,日本大学, 上智大学) and Sweden (Uppsala University).
- Bachelor degree (240 ECTS) in Law. Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (2018).
- Master degree (90 ECTS) in Internationalization. University of Barcelona (2012).
- Bachelor degree in Asian Studies. Autonomous University of Barcelona & UPF (2012).
- Bachelor degree (240 ECTS) in Philosophy. University of Barcelona (2010).
- Uppsala University (Sweden) (2017-2018). Department of Philosophy (Courses taught: Philosophy of Law, Migration Ethics, Bioethics&Biolaw).
- Sophia University (上智大学) (Tokyo, Japan) (2014).
- University of Japan (日本大学) (Mishima, Japan). College of International Relations (2013-2014).
- Waseda University (早稲田大学) (Tokyo, Japan). Department of International Liberal Studies (SILS) and Humanities Department (2012-2014).
- Master thesis: Relaciones comerciales UE - Japón: sobre las posibilidades de celebración de un nuevo TLC a partir del modelo UE - Corea del Sur (2012).
- Mindus, P. and Prats, E. (2018) La cittadinanza «a pagamento» nell'Unione europea, in "Quaderni costituzionali, Rivista italiana di diritto costituzionale" 1/2018, pp. 246-252, doi: 10.1439/89202.
WORKSHOPS, CONFERENCES and CONGRESSES
- Prats, E. (2017a), Selling of citizenship in Europe? Paper presented at the Svenska IVR-konferensen, 8-9 May 2017, Karstad, Sweden.
- Prats, E. (2017b), Conceptual misunderstandings on ius pecunia. Paper presented at the Academic Workshop of the Investment Migration Council, 5 June 2017, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Prats, E. (2017c), What can philosophy say about ius pecunia? Paper presented at the Conference Filosofidagarna, 26 August 2017, Uppsala, Sweden.
- Prats, E. (2018a), Mercados sin límites: el caso de los checkbook citizens. Paper presented at the Semillero de Investigación del Grupo en Estudios Internacionales of the University Tecnológico de Antioquia, 5 April 2018, Medellin, Colombia.
- Prats, E. (2018b) Is money a legitimate criterion for granting citizenship? Suggesting a theory to assess ius pecunia. Paper presented at the research seminar 'Show me the Money! Money Matters in Migration Policy and Practice', 15-16 June 2018, Amsterdam Research Institute for Legal Studies, Netherlands.
- Prats, E. (2018c) Assessing Citizenship-by-investment programs. Paper presented at the Conference Migration as a global challenge, 21-23 June 2018, Georg-August Universität Göttingen, Germany.
- Prats, E. (2018d) Does Discretion in Citizenship by Investment Programs Affect the Quality of Legislation? Paper presented at the ICON-S Conference, 25-27 June 2018, Hong Kong.
- Prats, E. (2018e) Citizenship-by-investment programs: phenomenon and methods of assessment. Paper presented at The 1st Japan International Conference of the IVR Japan, 6-8 July 2018, Kyoto, Japan.
- Prats, E. (2018f) Citizenship-by-investment programs: Express Naturalization for Bulky Wallets: an Arbitrary de jure stratification? Paper presented at the 19th Nordic Migration Research Conference, 15-17 August 2018, Norrköping, Sweden.
Please contact the directory administrator for the organization (department or similar) to correct possible errors in the information.