My research is mainly in probability theory, in particular combinatorial probability (mainly random graphs and related topics); occasionally I also do research in analysis, which was my original field.
Academic merits: PhD
Also available at
I have earlier participated in, and helped launching, the project Samnordisk runtextdatabas (a data base with runic texts).
- Sparre's prize (KVA) 1978
- Göran Gustafsson prize 1992
- Eva och Lars Gårding's prize (Kungl. Fysiografiska sällskapet i Lund) 2009
- Wallenberg Scholar (The Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation) 2011
- Rudbeck medal (Uppsala University) 2013
- Celsius medal (Royal Society of Sciences at Uppsala) 2016
My family consists of my wife fru Julie White and our daughter Sofie (born 1995), and our "extra children" Erika (born 1979), Magnus (born 1980), Emma (born 1987), and Jesper (born 1981) that occasionally have lived with us as children.
Please contact the directory administrator for the organization (department or similar) to correct possible errors in the information.