Detta stycke finns inte på svenska, därför visas den engelska versionen.
My research area is probability theory and combinatorics, specifically random graphs.
A short presentation of myself is given in the biography field below.
Akademiska meriter: FD, Docent
Finns även på
My specific field of research is random graphs, especially random trees. I defended my PhD thesis “Split Trees, Cuttings and Explosions” in Uppsala in February, 2010 with Prof. Svante Janson as primary supervisor. Thereafter I spent two years abroad on a postdoc fellowship from the Swedish Research Council (VR), the first 8 months at INRIA in Paris with Prof. Philippe Flajolet and Dr Nicolas Broutin and then for 1½ years at Univ of Cambridge with Prof. Béla Bollobás and his group. In August, 2012 I got a tenured position as Assoc. Prof. (Senior Lecturer) at the Department of Mathematics at Stockholm University and from October, 2014 I am a Docent (associate professor) in Mathematics. From August 2015 I am working as docent in mathematics (probability theory and analysis) at the Dept of Mathematics at Uppsala University. In January 2018 I received a Ragnar Söderberg Fellowship based on my score A (highest) evaluation of my project application to the European Research Council with funding for 5 years matching an ERC fellowship.
Competitive External Funding:
- 2018-2022: Five year Swedish Foundation Starting Grant from Ragnar Söderbergs Foundation (full funding for my ERC Starting grant project where I was awarded the highest score A but could not be funded from ERC due to budget constraints),
1,500,000 euros= 15,000,000 SEK
- 2018-2021: Four year project grant from the Swedish Research Council (senior researchers), 3,300,000 SEK
- 2018-2023: Project Grant from Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation (shared with Prof Svante Janson and Prof Erik Ekström), 27,500,000 SEK
- 2018: Grant for organising the Analysis of Algorithms conference in June 2018, Swedish Research Council and Marcus Wallenberg Foundation: 397,000 SEK
- 2016-2018: Grant from Knut and Alice Wallenberg foundation for hiring a postdoc, 1,700,000 SEK
- 2013-2016: Four year grant for young researchers from the Swedish Research Council, 3,200,000 SEK
- 2010-2012: Two year Postdoc fellowship from the Swedish Research Council 700,000 SEK
Article about myself and my research by Alma Kirlic in Swedish
Article about myself and my research by Alma Kirlic in English
Article about my PhD thesis by Linda Koffmar in Swedish
Description of my Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation project 2016 in Swedish
Description of my Knut and Alice Wallenberg foundation project 2016 in English
Article about my award from Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation in Swedish
Article about my award from Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation in English
Members of my research group:
Postdocs: Xing Shi Cai, Fiona Skerman and Debleena Thacker (DT is shared with Svante Janson)
PhD students: Colin Desmerains (main advisor), Johanna Strömberg (co-advisor)
Kontakta katalogansvarig vid den aktuella organisationen (institution eller motsv.) för att rätta ev. felaktigheter.