deputy vice-chancellor at University Management and Management Council, Deputy Vice-Chancellor
Anders Malmberg is Professor of Economic Geography since 1999. Bewteen 2003 and 2011 he was Director of the Centre for Research on innovation and Industrial Dynamics (CIND). He was Vice Dean of the Faculty of Social Science 2005-2008 and Dean 2008-2011. Since January 1, 2012, he is Deputy Vice Chancellor of Uppsala University.
Academic merits: FD, docent
Also available at
Anders Malmberg earned his PhD in 1989 at Uppsala University, and was the research co-ordinator of the European Science Foundation Scientific Programme on Regional and Urban Restructuring in Europe between 1990 and 1994. He was the Director of the PhD programme in social and economic geography between 1996 and 2005. He has held visiting research positions at Durham University, UK and at the Swedish Collegium for Advanced Study in the Social Sciences. Director of the Centre for Research on Innovation and Industrial Dynamics (CIND), Uppsala University 2003-2011.
His research focuses on industrial dynamics and local and regional economic development, with an emphasis on the study of innovation and transformation processes in clusters and innovation systems.
Ongoing and recent external assignments:
- Member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences (2007-)
- Member of the Royal Society of Sciences in Uppsala (2005-)
- Member of Scientific Council at the Institute of growth Policy Studies (2003-2008)
- Member of the Economic Council, Invest in Sweden Agency (1997-2009)
Assignments within Uppsala University:
- Dean for the Faculty of Social Sciences (2008-2011)
- Member of the Board for Humanities and Social Sciences (2008-2011)
- Deputy member of the of the University Board (2006-2008)
- Vice-Dean for the Faculty of Social Sciences (2005-2008)
- Chairman of the Recruitment Committee for Professors and Research Fellows within the Faculty of Social Sciences (2005-)
- Chairman of the electorate body of the social sciences and humanities (2004-2006)
- Director of the PhD Programme in Social and Economic Geography (1996-2005)
Academic Assignments (selection)
Member of Editorial Advisory Board for the journals:
Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Economic Geography, Entrepreneurship and Regional Development, Environment & Planning A, Journal of Economic Geography, Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie (TESG)
Referee for journals:
Area, Danish Journal of Geography, Economic Development Quarterly, Economic Geography, Economic and Industrial Democracy, Environment & Planning A, Entrepreneurship and Regional Development, European Urban and Regional Studies, European Planning Studies, Geoforum, Geografiska Annaler Series B Human Geography, Jahrbuch für Regionalwissenschaft - Review of Regional Research, Journal of Economic Geography, Journal of International Management, Journal of Management Studies, Norsk Geografisk Tidsskrift, Progress in Human Geography, Regional Studies, Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Transactions: an International Journal of Geographical Research, Urban Studies, World Development.
Please contact the directory administrator for the organization (department or similar) to correct possible errors in the information.