My research area is probability theory and combinatorics, specifically random graphs.
A short presentation of myself is given in the biography field below.
Academic merits: PhD
Also available at
My specific field of research is random graphs, especially random trees. I defended my PhD thesis “Split Trees, Cuttings and Explosions” in Uppsala in February, 2010 with Prof. Svante Janson as primary supervisor. Thereafter I spent two years abroad on a postdoc fellowship from the Swedish Research Council (VR), the first 8 months at INRIA in Paris with Prof. Philippe Flajolet and Dr Nicolas Broutin and then for 1½ years at Univ of Cambridge with Prof. Béla Bollobás and his group. In August, 2012 I got a tenured position as Assoc. Prof. (Senior Lecturer) at the Department of Mathematics at Stockholm University and from October, 2014 I am a Docent (associate professor) in Mathematics. From August 2015 I am working as docent in mathematics (probability theory and analysis) at the Dept of Mathematics at Uppsala University. In January 2018 I received a Ragnar Söderberg Fellowship based on my score A (highest) evaluation of my project application to the European Research Council with funding for 5 years matching an ERC fellowship.
Competitive External Funding:
- 2018-2022: Five year Swedish Foundation Starting Grant from Ragnar Söderbergs Foundation (full funding for my ERC Starting grant project where I was awarded the highest score A but could not be funded from ERC due to budget constraints),
1,500,000 euros= 15,000,000 SEK
- 2018-2021: Four year project grant from the Swedish Research Council (senior researchers), 3,300,000 SEK
- 2018-2023: Project Grant from Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation (shared with Prof Svante Janson and Prof Erik Ekström), 27,500,000 SEK
- 2018: Grant for organising the Analysis of Algorithms conference in June 2018, Swedish Research Council and Marcus Wallenberg Foundation: 397,000 SEK
- 2016-2018: Grant from Knut and Alice Wallenberg foundation for hiring a postdoc, 1,700,000 SEK
- 2013-2016: Four year grant for young researchers from the Swedish Research Council, 3,200,000 SEK
- 2010-2012: Two year Postdoc fellowship from the Swedish Research Council 700,000 SEK
Article about myself and my research by Alma Kirlic
Members of my research group:
Postdocs: Xing Shi Cai, Fiona Skerman and Debleena Thacker (DT is shared with Svante Janson)
PhD students: Colin Desmerains (main advisor), Johanna Strömberg (co-advisor)
Please contact the directory administrator for the organization (department or similar) to correct possible errors in the information.